Frequently Asked Questions
What is a virtual tour?
A virtual tour is a simulated first-person view of a real world location allowing the visitor to move through the area by viewing a series of 360 degree panoramic images.
Mythos Media creates and publishes virtual tours on Google Street View and our own internal virtual tour engine.
I have plenty of photos on my website. Why do I need a virtual tour?
Here are some excellent reasons your business needs a virtual tour:
- Traditional 2D photos can look amazing but they do not convey a feeling of actually being there. A virtual tour gives visitors the ability to explore your business, look around in all directions, and builds a degree of trust.
- Online visitors seek out virtual tours when looking to learn more about a business.
- People spend only a few seconds looking at traditional photos. Your virtual tour will keep users looking and engaging with your business for much longer.
- Your business will stand out on Google Maps. Users browsing the local area will discover your tour photo spheres on the map and start exploring your business, helping to convert casual visitors into real-world customers.
- A virtual tour added to your Google Business listing provides a bump in SEO ranking.
- The virtual tour can easily be inserted into a page on your website and shared on social media without any coding.
- You are passionate about your business and a virtual tour is an amazing tool to engage potential customers and bring them to your business.
How much does a virtual tour cost?
The cost of a virtual tour project is based on the final number of published photo spheres you choose to use in your tour.
Tour packages include the on-site photography, post-production editing/enhancements, and publishing to the platforms of your choice.
What features can be included in a virtual tour?
There are a number of image and media enhancement options available, depending on the platform you wish to publish your virtual tour photo spheres on.
- Google Street View – Your business logo and color theme can be inserted into the photo spheres for an official branded look and feel.
- Mythos Media Virtual Tour Server – We manage our own internal server for virtual tours. This system enables us to create advanced virtual tours that include many types of multimedia inside the tour itself. Examples include: Business logos, interactive menus, navigation aids, floor plans, audio backgrounds, video clips, still photographs, links, and more.
How long does it take to take to photograph a virtual tour?
Most restaurants, retail, and real estate photo shoots can take an hour to capture a complete virtual tour. We do not take shortcuts or compromise on quality. We keep shooting until we are certain we have the best possible results.
Will customers see my virtual tour on their smartphone?
Yes! Virtual tours will display on all device screens, including: smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktops, and virtual reality headsets.
Still need help? Send us a note!
For any other questions, please write us at email@example.com or call 404-998-3191.
Ready to Get Started?
Request a free consultation today to discuss your project!