Frequently Asked Questions
Digital Signage Hosts
What is the purpose of digital signage?
Digital signage is an eye-catching and economically-superior way of getting dynamic messages and promotional content in front of your customers.
Affordable, content-rich, and easy-to-use digital signage allows dynamic messaging updates while reducing print and administrative costs.
Digital signs can accomplish a variety of tasks depending on your needs. They can advertise, promote, and inform individuals with all kinds of information. When the information changes, so do the signs. This unique adaptability allows digital signage to excel in many areas where traditional signs and print media falters.
Gone are the days of printing and re-printing signs every time a product has been altered or a menu updated.
Do I have to learn a whole new system?
No! We design, publish, and support everything for you! We create your digital signage content to match your business branding and schedule the content to display at your desired times. We monitor and support the player box hardware.
If you would like direct access to add content to the screen playlists, we can easily provide access to add more photos, slides, and videos .
How much does digital signage cost?
Our digital signage services begin with a one-time setup fee to design your signage content and first set of shows. There is a monthly subscription that covers the support and maintenance of your signage system. If there is ever an issue with your media player, we replace it immediately with a new one. We only charge for the services you wish to use... adding more digital screens, creating new shows or custom content, etc.
There are no hidden fees. Start out small and grow your display network at your own pace. We support you every step of the way.
What types of content can be displayed?
Our digital signage system can display an impressive array of engaging media types. We ensure that all image, video, and audio content is in the best possible format, resolution size, and optimized for smooth playback.
- Video Files and Live Video Streams
- Photo Images and Galleries
- Live Web Content
- Audio Files and Streaming Music
- External Signal Inputs (Keep your existing tv shows!)
- Integrated Apps - Weather, Traffic, Local News, Timers, etc.
- Social Media screens
- Google Slides
- Scrolling Text Ticker
- Document Files
- Custom HTML5 + CSS
- RSS Feeds
Does the system continue to work if my Wifi goes down?
Yes! If your WiFi connection or internet services goes down, our system will continue to display your content without interruption. A few screen elements that rely on streaming and web content will be temporarily deactivated while the WiFi is offline.
Can I keep using my existing TV programming?
Yes! Our system can continue to use your original TV shows (cable sports, news, etc.) with a focus on your business, services, and products!
How do I get content updates?
Our digital signage player boxes connect to our cloud services via your WiFi or Ethernet. Published changes are typically downloaded and displayed within minutes!
How does the design process work?
All custom design work is handled by our team. We are not a franchise and we do not outsource. Depending upon the nature of design requirements, most digital signage projects can take about two to three weeks from start to finish. Here is a general outline of our project design process:
- We conduct an initial project and design meeting with the client. The following items are reviewed:
- The client and project details from the initial questionnaire.
- The number of digital screens, monitor orientations (landscape and portrait), and the screen layouts the client wants to use.
- The media types, widgets, features, and custom elements the client wants to use.
- Client provides all required documentation, including:
- All logos, images, video, audio, web links, and text items.
- All additional design element requests, such as brand style guides, colors pallet requirements, and font preferences,
- The initial project concept draft is created. Client receives a video link to review and provide feedback for revisions.
- Revisions are then implemented.
- Second project draft is created and video link shared with client for review and final feedback for revisions.
- Last set of revisions are implemented.
- Design phase deliverables are complete and ready to deploy at client locations.
- Each digital signage project includes a maximum of two (2) sets of revisions through the course of the initial project setup. Any additional revisions are invoiced for a minimum of three (3) additional design hours per revision.
All communication, requests, and revisions are coordinated by your dedicated contact.
Can I control the type of outside ads that play on my screens?
Absolutely! We have a thorough review process for advertisers on our digital signage network and you have the ultimate approval of what is displayed at your locations.
How do non-competitive ads work?
An ad from a competitor will not be displayed on your digital signage. As an example: The owner of a BBQ restaurant has digital signage showcasing their specials and events. Local business ads are also displayed, but the network is set to ensure no other restaurant ads are displayed at the BBQ restaurant. The owner of the BBQ restaurant has the ability to approve what ads play at their location.
Where can digital signage be used?
Digital signage is being used in a variety settings, such as:
- Entertainment Venues
- Retail Stores and Antique Malls
- Schools and Universities
- Medical and Urgent Care Offices
- Dentist Offices
- Veterinary Clinic
- Co-Working Spaces and Professional Offices
- Public Libraries
- Government Offices
What do I need to get started?
You will need compatible display screens that our digital media player can be installed on. Any screen size can be used as long as the resolution and inputs are:
- Resolution - 1080p or higher. 720p is not supported.
- Inputs - HDMI port
No screens? No problem! We can help acquire new screens!
You will also need internet access via Ethernet or wireless connection. Ethernet is always recommended for the best possible speed and reliability. A single power outlet is also needed.
We can help with recommended display brands, accessories, and mounting services if needed.
Do you recommend any specific digital HDTV?
Vizio and LG are both great manufacturers of affordable HDTVs that are available in a wide selection of sizes, support 1080p and above resolution, and have HDMI inputs. They also have narrow frames along their sides, lightweight, and are very power efficient.
Check Amazon, MicroCenter (physical store in Marietta), and Walmart for what they have in stock.
Can I use a vertical or poster style display?
Yes! Our system works perfectly with vertical and landscape monitor orientations.
Do you support 4K resolution displays?
Yes! Our system supports the latest 4K resolution screens.
How do I request changes or get support?
Support and standard content updates are part of your monthly subscription. Please email, text, or call us directly with a description of the changes you would like made or the issue being experienced.
Troubleshooting and technical assistance for HDTV screens are provided by seller and/or product manufacturers, which can include warranty repairs and replacements.
Can I place a display in my store window?
It is possible to setup a digital signage in your storefront window to attract visitors. However, you must check with your city ordinances to determine what is legally allowed.
Let your TVs work for your business
Show your products, services, specials, sales and more on your TVs!