Mythos Media defines content as text, imagery, video, subject matter, action-related elements, and embedded functionality included in any digital signage show and/or advertisement.
In order to ensure that your digital signage content and/or business ads are accepted by Mythos Media, all Host Partners and Advertisers must adhere to the following guidelines.
- It is the responsibility of host partners and advertisers to confirm that all content/ads are in compliance with applicable laws, copyright requirements, regulations, guidelines, and policies of the country and state where the ad will be served.
- Content and ads must be for a business, service provider, or professional organization.
- All contact info, web links, and QR Code actions connect viewers only to the business owner or advertiser.
- Content and ads must be age appropriate for the signage location/venue.
- The advertiser’s business, services, and events must be open to everyone in the community and cannot discriminate on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Ads for special events must be open to everyone and not “members only”.
The following content examples are not allowed under any circumstance.
- Content that infringes on intellectual property, copyright, and/or trademark rights.
- Promotion of illegal activity, services, or content that violate applicable laws.
- Violent content, racial intolerance, or advocacy against any individual, group, or organization.
- Obscene or pornographic material, adult material, adult services, nudity, excessive profanity.
- Illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia.
- Gambling, including casinos, online gambling lotteries, and other games of chance.
- Counterfeit, fake, or bootleg products.
- Pharmaceuticals, including prescription, over-the-counter, medical services, contraception, and sexual enhancement.
- Unproven or misleading medical services.
- Financial services such as short-term or payday lending.
- Sale or promotion of weapons, firearms, or ammunition. Ads for gun clubs or shooting ranges are accepted.
- Political ads, personal opinion websites, blogs, Facebook groups, or YouTube channels.
- Video content with “shaky cam” or flashing imagery.
The following content examples may be pre-negotiated to have Mythos Media approval and the approval of a Host Partner. Please discuss your ad content with Mythos Media during your consultation.
- Alcoholic beverage sales via package stores
- Tobacco, electronic cigarettes, vape shops, smoking paraphernalia, or medical/recreational marijuana
Linked Business Content
Digital ads have the ability to connect viewers directly to business websites, social media, and other destinations. It is important that these destinations comply with established “best practices” for a safe visitor experience.
Websites should have a positive reputation rating and SSL encryption for security.
In addition to the list of prohibited content above, the following examples of website behavior are prohibited from being linked to from our digital signage network.
- Phishing or advertisements that seek personally identifiable information (PII).
- Landing pages that automatically redirect visitors to another website without user action.
- Website reverted to a “coming soon” or “suspended” placeholder page.
- Automatically starts a download without user action.
- Automatically starts to play audio or music.
- Excessive pop-up ads from external sources.
- Promotion of illegal online activities, including: file-sharing, torrents, hacking, cracking, or any service that exploits weakness in a computer system, network, or software.
Mythos Media reserves the right to amend and enforce content guidelines at any time. Failure to comply with the established content guidelines may result in the suspension and/or termination of your services.
Content Guidelines Updated: February 2020
Please contact us if you have any questions about the content guidelines.